Atalasoft DotImage Release Notes 11.1
The release notes give you late-breaking information about Atalasoft DotImage 11.1. Please read
this document carefully, as it contains information that is not included in other Atalasoft DotImage
The build number for Atalasoft DotImage 11.1 is 126.96.36.199.0.321.
The primary source of information about Atalasoft DotImage requirements and dependencies on other products is the Technical Specifications document posted on Atalasoft website. We recommend that you review it carefully, especially if you plan to use Atalasoft DotImage 11.1 with other Atalasoft products.
Important upgrade note
In earlier versions of the product, the DocumentSave event, DocumentSaveEventArgs, did not include the file extension for the file name property that was passed. The file extension is now included by default in the file name property.
If you created a custom workaround in an earlier version to ensure that the file extension was preserved, the workaround should be removed before upgrading to version 11.1. Otherwise, a file name such as MyFile.pdf could potentially become MyFile.pdf.pdf after the upgrade is performed.
The following features were added to Atalasoft DotImage in version 11.1.
Scanning on macOS:
For devices that use the Apple Image Capture system, support is added for scanning on the macOS.
Multiple recognition cultures
The Atalasoft DotImage OCR engine supports the ability to select multiple languages for recognition, if the selected OCR engine supports the same capability.
Expanded PDF/A support
- Added PDF/A support to the PdfDocument and PdfGeneratedDocument classes.
- Added PDF/A-1b support to the PdfEncoder and PdfTranslator classes.
Web Document Viewer enhancements
- Simplified file upload with drag and drop support.
- New event for developers to use when annotation text changes.
- Update to server side file handler to return path to saved file.
- Server side handler that allows developers to customize the response to server operations.
- Ability to limit a document search to specific pages.
- Ability to persist the file extension when saving a file to the server.
- New method that gives users the ability to quickly navigate among annotations.
- Better messaging if required libraries are missing from the viewer.
This section contains information about issues that have been resolved in Atalasoft DotImage since the prior release of this product.
Annotation became obscured after drag and drop
An annotation was sometimes partially obscured after performing a drag and drop in the same Web Document Thumbnailer, if two thumbnailers were used simultaneously. (913196)
Saving tags in Tagged PDF files was switched off
Saving tags in Tagged PDF files was switched off when PDF files were saved with the linearization tag, and the tags were not preserved. (899341)
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Atalasoft General