Atalasoft DotImage Release Notes 11.0
The release notes give you late-breaking information about Atalasoft DotImage 11.0. Please read
this document carefully, as it contains information that is not included in other Atalasoft DotImage
The build number for Atalasoft DotImage 11.0 is 126.96.36.199.0.297.
The following features were added to Atalasoft DotImage in version 11.0:
PDF processing improvements
- PDFium support: The PDFium library has been integrated into the SDK to perform PDF rendering and PDF Text Extraction instead of the Foxit library. Please note that the Foxit library will be deprecated in this release.
- Merging PDF Forms: Provided ability to merge two PDFs, both of which have forms, using tools allowing to merge the document pages and to implement custom logic to combine the forms into a single form.
- Large PDF files support: Provided ability to work with large PDF files with size more than 2 GB.
Web Document Viewer improvements
- Refresh page: Provided the ability to have the Web Document Thumbnailer / Web Document Viewer reload one specific page such that performing a server side operation does not require calling openUrl for the entire document.
- Burn Annotations: Provided the ability to easily make one or more annotations permanently "merged" with the underlying image on the page using client side operations in WDV.
- Multiple Document Support: Added the possibility to include more than one Thumbnail viewer in the solution without the requirement to have more than one Document viewer. This makes it possible to create a multi-document "navigation" thumbnail viewer with events available for implementing drag and drop support to move pages between documents.
- ASP .NET Core Support: Added sever side support for the WDV and WCS to support ASP.NET Core applications.
- TWAIN Memory Transfer mode support: Added support for Memory Transfer mode, which leverages hardware image compression for TWAIN devices. This allows for dramatically increased scanning efficiency for color and grayscale images.
- Support multi-processor parallel processing to speed up OCR: Added support for the ABBYY OCR engine’s multi-processor parallel processing mode, thus allowing several images to go through recognition at once, and greatly speeding up the OCR process for scans of lengthy documents composed of dozens or hundreds of pages.
ABBYY OCR enhancements
- Auto Rotate feature support: Leverages the ABBYY OCR engine's ability to recognize invalid image rotation and fix it before recognition.
- E13B and CMC7 MICR fonts support: Leverages the ABBYY OCR engine's ability to recognize text printed with E13B and CMC7 MICR fonts.
- ISIS API Reference documentation: Provided a description for the IsisSettings Class in the API Reference.
This section contains information about issues that have been resolved in Atalasoft DotImage since the prior release of this product.
Issues Resolved in 11.0
The following issues were resolved in this release.
- Anno property of eventObj was documented incorrectly (875861)
- Table layout grid incorrect (733382)
- WDV page rotate returned error when rotating first page (694948)
- OfficeDecoder.IsValidFormat returned false for Word odt documents (673959)
- Certain Word documents with Chinese and or Japanese characters were flagged as having an invalid format by OfficeDecoder.IsValidFormat. (673958)
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Atalasoft General