10. Easy to get started
We provide a GitHub with a simple starting point for our viewer, making it really easy to get started with our viewer.
- Select Open from Source Control on the start page of VS2015 and clone the repository at https://github.com/Atalasoft/web-document-viewer-demo.git
- Open the zip folder, extract its contents and compile the solution and we will automatically get all the latest references through the NuGet interface.
- If you get stuck, our KB articles can guide you. Just head on over to:
- And if you do not have a license, get one and put it in your bin folder by creating an account and requesting a license at this URL:
9. Supports PDF and Other Formats
PDF and many other formats are not web native. Our viewer live-converts image formats into formats viewable in HTML5. From CAD to DICOM to RAW to even Powerpoint slides we can easily display any image in our viewer, without any additional code.
8. All the pieces you need, already included
Not only does the WebDocumentViewer come ready to display all of your documents, but the components, too! In Addition to giving you the ability to quickly scroll through pages, our thumbnail viewer allows for pages to be rearranged and documents to be appended. The document toolbar adds the ability to open, resize, zoom in and more, and our annotation toolbar can be added to give you quick access to any annotation features you need.
And the best part? They are fully customizable!
7. Speaking of Annotations
Atalasoft's viewer has annotation support built right in. Just set the config option annotations to true. We maintain 8 out of the box annotation types, like text, freehand and rectangle and provide an interface for creating custom annotations. This enables many different kinds of document interaction, natively and in-browser, and only requires the config property:
6. Touch Support
It's possible some people have been living under a rock, but many browsers are now coming from mobile platforms, being able to use the same viewer in both situations is a huge plus. We have further structured our viewer to behave to standards set forth by Apple and Google, automatically without any additional code.
5. Data Security
Because the images are being rendered in real time on the server, it's possible to protect data and leave breadcrumbs as to who accessed and saved the data in the event of a leak. Auto redaction can be performed intelligently based on the users permissions on the server before reaching the user, hiding the data that the user shouldn't have access to. Atalasoft provides the tools to add these custom data security functionalities easily.
4. In-Browser PDF Form Fill
Want to present interactive documents where data can be saved to a unique PDF? A single configuration option is all that needs to be turned on to add fields to a document. The hard part is all handled, and if custom workflow needs to be kicked off the server has events connecting user action to your backend process. Enabling this is as simple as setting a configuration property of the viewer.
3. Huge Document Support
Not all documents are created equally. Some are massive juggernauts. Take Moby Dick, for example, its 861 pages of white whale hunting goodness, our viewer can handle it. We dynamically load pages around where the viewer is currently focused to reduce load times and prevent in browser memory crashes. It's really quiet but it makes a huge difference, and you don't need to add any code.
2. Everything you need, and growing all the time
- Searching and highlighting text on searchable documents
- Integrated annotation burning
- WebScanning via the WingScan platform
- HTML5 compatible
- Fully customizable, to fit your needs
- And of course, the most important reason to choose the WebDocumentViewer...
1. Atalasoft's Support Team
Our support team is there for you to help with your images and the implementation of your own custom viewer. We employ true software engineers to get your document-centric apps looking sharp and working the way your use case calls for. Whether you prefer calling us directly or using our case portal, we help you the way you want.